Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Clicker Lesson Reflection

Today I presented my lesson using the Clickers.  I have used the clickers before in college classes, and I never really enjoyed using them because they were mostly used for attendance or for a quiz that counted as our attendance.

Overall, this lesson was fun.  Definitely made me rethink how I feel about clickers, I think because it was used for a game instead of a quiz.  I think that may be one of the only ways I would use the clickers or maybe to check for understanding during lessons.  I think the lesson went well, and I'm glad I made it a game because this class LOVES games and competition so it really made them get into it and try to answer the questions correctly!

For the purposes of this class I think I should have shown a youtube video maybe to give the class a little background, but I decided it against doing it beforehand because I thought it would make the lesson too long.  In the end, it would have been good simply for this class, my students should remember that stuff if its review right after a lesson, but the video may have helped move the questions along a bit quicker and thus, made my lesson presentation quicker.

In the end, I think this went well!  It showed me a different side of the clickers and made me look at using them as an educator and not a student.  I think making it a game was me remembering what I didn't like as a student so I could fix that as an educator.  I enjoyed using these and hopefully I'll be able to use them in the future!

Here is my lesson plan!

0 comments:

Post a Comment