Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 29, 2013

September TPACK Reflection

This month introduced me to the idea of TPACK.  It was discussed a bit during the unconferences I went to, but not really explained.  Now that I understand what TPACK is, I can see it becoming a bigger part of my education career.  I am beginning to understand how to put all three concepts (content knowledge, pedagogy, and technical knowledge) together to create lessons that incorporate all three and teach students in the process.  In my fieldwork I am able to see how the use of no technology may actually hinder students learning better.  I have so many ideas of what I want to do with my fieldwork students, but don't have the technology at my fingertips to use to make those ideas come to life.  I am realizing that simply a laptop and projector isn't as fun as a smartboard would be for them.  I also see that Prezi captivates them more than a standard powerpoint.  I like learning all these new technologies because I can use them alongside the pedagogy and content knowledge I have learned/am learning/will learn this semester to help move me into a successful student teaching experience (one where there is more technology hopefully).

After going over smartboards again this month, I feel extremely confident that I can utilize them in my future classroom.  I actually even more want to.  Especially after finding some really fun lessons on the smart exchange.  Like Prezi, the smartboard is a time consuming venture, but it's great that there are so many people who put their work up for others to use.  It's great that there is a good community we have been introduced to, to exchange ideas with and utilize some of the principles of the newer evaluation models.  Also going over the smartboards again helped me see how integrate the TPACK framework and made it a bit more real world for me.  It made it more relatable and I liked that.  It inspired me to think about smartboards differently and with TPACK in the forefront of my mind.

0 comments:

Post a Comment