Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Smartboard Lesson Plan & Reflection

Here is my lesson plan for the Smartboard lesson I did today about the Civil War which included a game of "Which state belongs to which side".

Rachel Worrall Smartboard Lesson Plan

Today's lesson on the smartboard went very well.  I felt that using the smartboard was much easier than the Ipads.  The smartboard is more familiar to us because we can use the computer and it's easier to make lessons with technology using the computer as well.

I really liked my lesson this time around as well.  I thought the topic was interesting and the game was a lot of fun, and if my fieldwork school didn't have a Promethean board, I might have been able to see it used in a real school setting.  I think everything had a good time organizing the states into either Confederate or Union sides.  I also think the map, which was provided by Smart tech in the program, worked well with the lesson I was teaching.

The software was very similar to powerpoint, but did take a bit of time to learn to navigate.  Once I figured it all out, it made it easy to work on the project and figure out how to do what I wanted to do.  The only thing I found odd, was there was no "show" view.  You're always in the program and there is no show view like in powerpoint, so I found that students were constantly selecting things and then it would mess up the selection of the next thing in the game.  I had to constantly keep clicking in the blank space so it would not interrupt the students and their game play.

Overall, I think this lesson went much better than the Ipad.  There are advantages to using the Ipad, but I think the smartboard is the winner with me.  I find it easier to use, by both me and the students, and I think it allows more student integration into the lesson with technology.

0 comments:

Post a Comment