Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, September 7, 2014

First Grad Class: Completed!

So I successfully survived my first grad class, and left not feeling completely overwhelmed like I would with some undergrad classes.  I am a little worried about taking two graduate classes during my first semester, especially with one of those being Instructional Development and Design, but I figure if I organize my time wisely, I'll be ok!

I'm excited to being my masters program and to continue learning about Instructional Technology.  I had blast doing some of it undergrad when I got my teaching certificate, so I think I will continue to learn and enjoy the content!

Please excuse that my blog is a bit unfinished/updated.  I recently decided to add a bunch of my teaching portfolio to it because of an idea I saw at TEACHmeetNJ where another classmate made her blog into something that employers could look at.  So I am currently in the midst of posting all of that!  Slowly but surely, it will all be there!

During my daily facebook stalking I noticed a friend had liked lynda.com.  I remembered them from back when I did my first degree and people were using them to supplement the information myself and the other TA gave about Avid (a video editing program...I prefer Final Cut now).  However, I went over to the website and they now have a whole section about education, especially some things on design and development.  Thought it might come in handy for those of us taking IDD this semester.  Take a look!

Alrighty, I'm off to get ready for one of my best friends' baby shower!  See you all on Wednesday!


2 comments:

  1. The program and professors are really great. They are very helpful. You will not feel overwhelmed if you pace yourself with work. My motto is do something for grad school every night. I am in the same boat as you with the two courses. Pace don't procrastinate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blog looks great so far Rachel! Right with you at the start of the program- we will get through it! I am completely new to Instructional Technology and think it's neat your undergrad exposure motivated you to pursue this graduate degree. Looking forward to the semester!

    ReplyDelete