Powered by Blogger.

Friday, March 1, 2013

Video Reflection 1

I watched the Building Career Skills in Video Production Class video on eutopia.org.  I found it very humbling to see another school on the opposite side of the country have a program very similar to the one I took when I was in high school.  I took three years of media and in those three years, I took every media course my high school offered.  However, those students have way more than we did when I took the class.  They have much better technology and equipment than we ever could have imagined.  I also liked how they got to go out of class and use it.  When I left, we were just beginning to work with organizations outside of the school, like with the police department to do a video on safe driving.  Most of our work was done for the daily announcements.  These kids were doing actual real productions, the kinds you would see being done out in the real world.  Heck, this class even had better equipment than my college TV studio had!  And more work to boot!

This class really prepares these kids for the real world, especially if this is the field they want to get into.  They seem to be learning more technology and more of the field than I did when I was in high school.  It wasn't until I was in college that I got to use technology similar to this and learn the field in such a way that it would prepare me for the real world.  It's amazing how these kids will be able to walk into any job or college program and immediately know what they're doing.  It will really help them once they're ready to take that step.

I also feel like the technology was really being used to aid in their education.  It's not often that a classroom has that much technology or a teacher who knows how to use it so well.  These kids were able to learn it in a fun environment as well, which makes learning fun!  I would love to teach class like this, if an opening ever were to become available.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment