Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, September 13, 2014

And We're Rollin' Along...

So the first full week of classes are done, it's starting to feel like fall, and the sun is setting earlier.  It's almost officially fall, which is sad because that means summer is over.  I was so busy, I feel like I didn't get to enjoy it much (lots of weddings do that to ya!).



This week in class I got to work with Kahoot for Monica's Tool Time presentation.  Since it was my first time using this Personal Response System (I have used polleverywhere, Socrative, Smart Tools clicker program, etc.), it was nice to see something a bit more graphic.  While, it probably is a bit too juvenile for high schoolers or business workers, it is still a great website that allows formative assessment in real time.  I'm really glad I get to add another PRS to the list I have used, and I'm going to keep it in my back pocket!

I also had the opportunity to work with the undergrads taking their technology class.  It was nice to meet a lot of them and get to help them out.  I know for them, this is all very overwhelming, but I think being able to talk with me and listen to someone who has been there and come out the other side, calmed their nerves a bit.  I'm excited to get to teach them about Smartboards and Clickers/PRS.  I think they're going to really enjoy those technologies because they were two favorite after taking that same class with Dr. Harvey!

Speaking of Dr. Harvey...IDD has begun!  We're working on our problem statements, and while I was told I have good one, some students have suggested being more specific on mine.  Yes, there are parts that could be more specific, but I'm still unsure how specific we should be on them.  I guess I'll figure it all out when I post my final draft tomorrow!

Well that was this week...I'm going to leave you with a website I found when I was googling for timeline creators for our IT history project.  It seems to have a lot of articles on it for Instructional Technology, so I thought others would be interested!

I leave you to get ready to help my baby brother shop for engagement rings!  He's finally gonna propose to his girlfriend...we're all pretty excited!

1 comments:

  1. Glad you got to guest speak at the undergrad class. I bet they really appreciated your insight and recent experience!

    ReplyDelete